This is the top 5 ways that YouTubers make money, anyone can do it and it’s good to start something up the smaller you are as you can try, test and refine.
1. YouTube Adsense/Advertising. This is the easiest one to implement, leave it running in the background and forget about it. You won’t see sizeable return until you’re massive yourself though.
2. Merchandising. This can be accomplished by anyone regardless of channel size, get a good t-shirt campaign or hoodie campaign going and it can give you a small profit, with teespring being the main one that’s allowed as an associated website.
3. Affiliation Marketing. An easy one that anyone can setup, just go to a website like Sportsbikeshop, Revzilla or Amazon, sign up to the affiliate program, and add the links to get a little passive income, the links at the bottom of “My Gear” is an example of this, you can also use them if you do reviews of gear like I’m doing.
4. Sponsored Videos. Something you can do when you get bigger is get Sponsorship deals, either from brands or by using a website like Famebit.com, where you as a creator find a product you think might benefit your community, send a proposal to the product owner/maker for what type of video you’d like to do, if they accept, you make the video, and they pay you for the exposure.
5. Patreon. Now I love the idea of Patreon, it’s a lot of people donating a little amount of money direct to their favourite YouTubers. This can be a nice passive income and lets you create a greater community for your channel, some bigger YouTubers make quite a sizeable wage from this, but as a smaller YouTuber it can be a great little boost and way more than you’ll see from Adsense.
And that’s the Top 5 ways Youtubers make money, if you have any questions please leave them in the comments below.
I’m a Manchester based Motovlogger on YouTube, with over a decade of marketing and design experience including SEO, analytics and branding, my mission is to help out fellow YouTubers with their own YouTube channels and to help them grow as much as they can.
Learn more. Do more. Be more.